Updating their 2009 position on plant-based diets, the Academy say an “appropriately planned” vegetarian or vegan diet is suitable for “all stages of the life cycle,” and adopting such diets in childhood can reduce the risk of chronic disease later in life.
Additionally, the paper says plant-based diets are more environmentally friendly and sustainable than diets rich in animal products, noting that they can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50 percent.
Click here to Read the full article: Vegetarian diets best for health and the environment, say nutritionists
Share this entry
- Valerie McRae, MD is Selected to the American Health Council’s Board of Physicians February 21, 2018
- Laurie Truog, BLA, MD is Selected to the American Health Council’s Board of Physicians February 20, 2018
- The American Health Council Names Gilberto Alvarado, MSN, CNP, FNP-BC, BSN, RN to Board of Nurses February 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Welcomes Mona Mansour, MD, MS, to its Board of Physicians February 16, 2018
- The American Health Council Names Amanda Livingston, ADN, BSN, RNC-MNN to Nurse Board February 15, 2018
- The American Health Council Welcomes Sona Jasani, MD to Physician Board February 14, 2018