The American Health Council has selected Samantha Heule, BSN, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CCTC, for its Board of Nurses. Ms. Heule is currently the Lead Transplant Coordinator for the Hackensack University Medical Center and has been in her role for the past one year. She has given nine years of experience in the healthcare industry, by showing prowess in Organ Transplant (Liver and Kidney) and Nursing.
Ms. Heule first attended Fairfield University, where she focused her studies on Nursing. After she received her Bachelor’s Degree in 2008, she enrolled in the Adult and Aged Nurse Practitioner Program at Rutgers University to work towards her Master’s in Nursing, which she received in 2012.
Each day, Samantha Heule, RN, ANP-BC works in an outpatient setting. She is the Lead Coordinator for all living donations as well as for Pre-Transplant and Post-Transplant care. She oversees all transplant arrangements and manages the entire workflow for her department.
In her time as a nurse practitioner, she has been offered many rewarding opportunities in the transplant field, which she has been very grateful for. Many awards have been named to Ms. Heule as well. These awards include the Employee of the Quarter Award for her department, which she received from the Hackensack Medical Center. She was also presented with an Excellence Award for her nursing and department management.
To stay updated on the advancements made in the nursing field, Ms. Samantha Heule has aligned herself with several medical organizations. These groups include the North American Transplant Coordinators Organization (NATCO) and the American Society of Transplantation.
Ms. Samantha Heule is also proud to have been involved in the National Kidney Foundation’s Big Ask Big Give Program, which is a movement dedicated to finding more kidney donors that are willing to help patients in need of a transplant.
Within the upcoming years, Ms. Heule looks forward to earning her Doctorate in Nursing. She would also like to transition more into a clinical or administrative role at her place of work.
In her free time, Ms. Samantha Heule stays active by running, playing field hockey, and playing softball. She also likes to spend time sewing.
Share this entry
BSN, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CCTC
- Hackensack University Medical Center is truly an extraordinary place bringing together exceptional patient care and medical innovation. Hackensack UMC is a team committed to providing an exceptional patient experience through quality patient-centered care, education, research, and community outreach.
- Nine Months in her Current Role, with Nine years in the Healthcare Industry.
- Expertise in Organ Transplant, Kidney Transplant, Liver Transplant, and Nursing.
- American Health Council
- American Society of Transplantation
- North American Transplant Coordinators Organization
Awards & Honors
- An employee of the Quarter for her department at Hackensack Medical Center.
- Recipient of Excellence Award