Ms. Karen Jacques-Huntley, an Instructor/ Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner from Weeki Wachee, Florida, has been warmly welcomed onto the Nursing Board of the American Health Council. Ms. Jacques-Huntley has been working in these roles for the past 9 years which has allowed her to refine her expertise in listening, patient care and nursing.
Initially, Ms. Jacques-Huntley was unsure what career path she wanted to follow however, she found that she had a passion for helping people after working in retail and assisting those with additional needs. She subsequently pursued her CNA license and has continually worked her way up. In 2008 she graduated from the University of Tampa with her BSN in Nursing and she later graduated from the South University of Tampa with her MSN in 2014.
At ATA College she works as an Instructor. The organization is proud to have provided high quality instruction, training and career placement for both men and women in the allied health fields for more than 10 years and counting. The college has been accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools and is dedicated to equipping their students with real-world skills so they can seamlessly transition into an in-demand career in the healthcare field. The responsibilities of Ms. Jacques-Huntley at ATA include making sure that her company is meeting ATA and Florida Board of Nursing parameters.
Ms. Jacques-Huntley also works for Mobile Physician Services as an advanced registered nurse practitioner. Mobile Physician Services is a committed team of doctors and nurses who make house calls to homebound patients, in particular treating those with complex medical needs. MPS is proud to be one of the only house call practices that offers both primary and specialist care to treat the whole patient comprehensively. Their major services include wound care, psychiatry, podiatry and dermatology. The responsibilities of Ms. Jacques-Huntley here include prescribing x rays, ordering testing and checking labs to ensure her patients are diagnosed and treated accordingly. If required, she ensures the patient and their families are well-educated on the condition and course of treatment.
Furthermore, she is an adjunct teacher at Hillsboro Community College where she teaches the LPN to RN transitional program as well as med/surg and acute care instruction. To continue her learning she is a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, the Florida Association of Nurse Practitioners and the Tampa Bay Nurse Practitioner Network. She is also very proud of her membership to Sigma Theta Tau, her education and everything she has achieved to date. She credits her success to her parents who have always been very supportive, her hard work and her passion, all of which helped her excel in her career.
Looking to the future, Ms. Jacques-Huntley wants to become a successful business owner, continue to help those in need and extend her reach so she can bring more quality care into her patient’s homes.
When not working, Ms. Jacques-Huntley is involved in local churches, helping them with health education initiatives as well as bringing more awareness to preventative care and developing optimal health ministries. She also actively supports the Free Health Clinic.
Share this entry
Instructor at ATA Career College
- ATA College has provided quality instruction, training, and career placement for men and women in the allied health fields for over ten years.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, ATA is dedicated to helping students achieve success.
- They offer valuable, hands on instruction that prepares their students with real- world skills that lets them step into an in-demand career in the healthcare field.
Source: ATA Career College
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner at Mobile Physician Services
- Mobile Physician Services is a practice of doctor and nurse practitioners who make house calls to home-bound patients. They specialize in the treatment of patients with complex medical needs.
- MPS is one of the only house call practices in the United States that as both primary care and specialist providers on staff.
- Their team of professionals enables them to deliver convenient, comprehensive services to treat the whole patient.
Source: Mobile Physician Services
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Florida Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Tampa Bay Nurse Practitioner Network
- Sigma Theta Tau