CDC: News Updates
- Autism Prevalence Higher, According to Data from 11 ADDM Communities March 22, 2023One in 36 (2.8%) 8-year-old children have been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to an analysis published today in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).
- TB is Still Here – New CDC Data Show U.S. Cases Increased Again in 2022 March 22, 2023Preliminary TB data released by CDC ahead of World TB Day show that the number of U.S. TB disease cases increased 5% in 2022 to 8,300 cases. CDC is calling on healthcare providers and communities disproportionately affected by TB to Think. Test. Treat TB.
- CDC Acquires 465-Acre Site in Mace, West Virginia for Research Facility March 21, 2023CDC, along with the General Services Administration, today announced the acquisition of a site in Mace, West Virginia for a new facility that will focus on the mining industry and advance the agency’s research capabilities.
- Increasing Threat of Spread of Antimicrobial-resistant Fungus in Healthcare Facilities March 20, 2023Candida auris (C. auris), an emerging fungus considered an urgent antimicrobial resistance (AR) threat, spread at an alarming rate in U.S. healthcare facilities in 2020-2021, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Unknown Food Source – <em>Listeria</em> Infections February 15, 2023Unknown Food Source – Listeria Infections
- Drug-resistant Infections Associated with Artificial Tears February 7, 2023Drug-resistant Infections Associated with Artificial Tears
- Raw Oysters - Norovirus Infections December 16, 2022Raw Oysters - Norovirus Infections
- Enoki Mushrooms - <em>Listeria</em> infections November 18, 2022Enoki Mushrooms - Listeria infections
- Deli Meat and Cheese - <i>Listeria</i> infections November 10, 2022Listeria Outbreak Linked to Deli Meat and Cheese