Dignity Health, the nation’s sixth-largest health system by revenue, and its partner GoHealth Urgent Care are honing their on-demand skills by offering at-your-fingertips healthcare to Uber drivers and their families.
Starting Wednesday, Dignity and GoHealth Urgent Care will offer personalized and tech-enabled care to Uber drivers and their families at urgent-care clinics in the San Francisco Bay Area. Drivers with the ride-sharing service and their families can skip lines by scheduling urgent-care appointments through an online and mobile platform.
And while San Francisco-based Dignity Health has contracted with several health insurance plans, the partnership will allow Uber drivers with other types of insurance or high-deductible plans to pay with cash at a discount. Uber drivers are independent contractors and therefore are responsible for their own insurance coverage. Rich Roth, Dignity Health’s chief strategic innovation officer, declined to disclose the price they will be offered, but said it’s less expensive than other avenues of care.
Finally, Uber drivers and their families can access a health education and wellness program that initially will provide flu shots with no out-of-pocket costs. Moving forward, Roth said the program will offer classes on chronic-disease management, ergonomics to help drivers avoid neck and back pain, and enrolling in health insurance exchange plans.
Read the full article: Dignity Health provides Uber drivers with on-demand care
Share this entry
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Ivory Gordon onto the Industry Board October 22, 2018
- Protected: The American Health Council appoints Mr. Peter Kiongo to the Occupational Therapy Board October 22, 2018
- Protected: The American Health Council appoints Dr. Nija Walker to the Industry Board October 22, 2018
- The American Health Council Welcomes Dr. Paolo Benito Andres to the Board of Occupational Therapy October 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Robert C. Hall, DPT, MS, BS to the Physical Therapy Board October 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Kodi Pride to Occupational Therapy Board October 18, 2018