Laura B. Garrido, Adult Nurse Practitioner, works in private practice serving the community of Hudson County, NJ. She provides Primary Care and Internal Medicine services to adult patients in the clinic while taking on-call hours, assists in US immigration medical examination, and has been credentialed in Hospitals – CarePoint (Bayonne Medical Center, Christ Hospital), Saint Barnabas Health (Jersey City Medical Center), Nursing Homes/Rehab Facilities – Peace Care (St. Ann’s, St. Joseph’s) Alaris (Hamilton Park, Harborview, Jersey City/Newport), and Majestic Rehabilitation. In addition, she works as Adjunct Clinical Professor at Trinitas School of Nursing where she teaches the Fundamentals of Nursing. Previously, for over 6 years, she worked as a staff nurse at Saint Barnabas Medical Center. Her roles included High-Risk Antepartum Nurse and Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse. Ms. Garrido will be sharing her knowledge and proficiency as an elected member of the American Health Council’s Board of Nurses.
Graduating in 2011 with her Bachelor’s in Nursing from Seton Hall University, and later in 2017 with her Master’s in Nursing from Rutgers University, Ms. Garrido became involved in her current profession at an early age while bringing her grandmother to the hospital. Inspired by the kindness and interactions between the doctors and nurses, Laura decided to pursue a Nursing degree and career.
Citing her professional accomplishments as her continuous expansion of knowledge and compassion, Ms. Garrido has been awarded a Gamma Nu Chapter Academic Scholarship from Sigma Theta Tau International. She is professionally affiliated with the American Nurses Association.
After the completion of her Master’s in Nursing with a focus on Adult-Gerontology Primary Care and obtaining Board Certification, Ms. Garrido’s goals within the next 5 years include expanding her knowledge as an Adult Nurse Practitioner and educating the future nurses of America.
Ms. Garrido is engaged and excited about future events to come. She donates locally during the holiday season in her spare time. She also enjoys traveling to major U.S. cities and internationally as well.
Share this entry
MSN, RN, APN, AGPCNP-BC
Adjunct Clinical Professor at Union County College, Trinitas School of Nursing
- The Trinitas School of Nursing will continue this commitment to excellence and provide our students with an educational environment that will ensure their future success as professional registered nurses.
- Established in 1891, the School is located in the city of Elizabeth, a wonderfully diverse urban community in Union County, New Jersey.
- Provides students a learning environment conducive to the acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to function as a safe, competent, professional nurse is reflected in our school philosophy.
High Risk Antepartum Staff Nurse at Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center is part of New Jersey’s oldest and largest Nonprofit Nonsectarian Hospital. They are committed to providing the highest quality of care for their patients and their families.
- Their award-winning institution is one of the largest health care providers in the state, treating nearly 33,000 inpatients and over 100,000 adult and pediatric Emergency Department patients each year.
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center is a major teaching affiliate of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, a major clinical campus for the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is affiliated with the St. George’s School of Medicine.