Updating their 2009 position on plant-based diets, the Academy say an “appropriately planned” vegetarian or vegan diet is suitable for “all stages of the life cycle,” and adopting such diets in childhood can reduce the risk of chronic disease later in life.
Additionally, the paper says plant-based diets are more environmentally friendly and sustainable than diets rich in animal products, noting that they can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50 percent.
Click here to Read the full article: Vegetarian diets best for health and the environment, say nutritionists
Share this entry
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Erin Grimes to the Occupational Therapy Board January 21, 2019
- The American Health Council appoints Ms. Kelby Kramer, R.Ph to the Healthcare Board January 15, 2019
- The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Brittney Godwin Tice to the Nursing Board January 11, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Adrienne Steckler to the Physician Board January 10, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Hannah Walker to the Industry Board January 10, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Welcomes New Affiliate, Dr. John Rector to the Physical Therapy Board January 10, 2019