Updating their 2009 position on plant-based diets, the Academy say an “appropriately planned” vegetarian or vegan diet is suitable for “all stages of the life cycle,” and adopting such diets in childhood can reduce the risk of chronic disease later in life.
Additionally, the paper says plant-based diets are more environmentally friendly and sustainable than diets rich in animal products, noting that they can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50 percent.
Click here to Read the full article: Vegetarian diets best for health and the environment, say nutritionists
Share this entry
- Diana Mercurio, BS, RPH, CDE, CDOE, CVDOE is Appointed to the American Health Council’s Industry Board November 13, 2018
- The American Health Council welcomes Ms. Amy Gordon onto the Industry Board November 9, 2018
- Dr. Amy Garza is appointed to the American Health Council Physical Therapy Board November 9, 2018
- The American Health Council welcomes Ms. Meladie Mitchell to the Nursing Board November 9, 2018
- The American Health Council welcomes Dr. Jeffrey Stenback onto the Physical Therapy Board November 8, 2018
- Dr. Deborah Riczo is appointed to the American Health Council’s Physical Therapy Board November 8, 2018