By Elizabeth Moore — News & Updates
It’s National Immunization Awareness Month
August is National Immunization Awareness Month, which means a visit to your doctor is in order! The American Health Council is observing life-saving vaccines by acknowledging the importance of staying up to date with the appropriate vaccines catered to your needs.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NPHIC), vaccination observance is held every August, with each week “focused on a different stage of the lifespan”:
- Babies and young children (July 31-August 6)
- Pregnant women (August 7-13)
- Adults (August 14-20)
- Preteen/Teen (August 21-27)
- Back to School (July/August)
Have a story to share, or just want to discuss the importance of vaccines within your community? Give us a shout-out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From all of us at the American Health Council, we wish you a fun-filled, healthy summer!
About the American Health Council:
The American Health Council is the nation’s only organization with a constituency representative of all sectors of the healthcare industry. From the coasts to the heartland, the American Health Council has drawn Affiliates from major metropolitan hubs and small communities. These Affiliates span generations and have reached different stages of their careers — from recent graduates to retirees. More information about the American Health Council and its mission can be found at: http://americanhealthcouncil.org.
Additionally, the American Health Council strives to provide recognition and support for those individuals and institutions making the difference in patients’ lives day in and day out. Throughout 2017, the AHC is honoring “America’s Best Doctors and Nurses,” as well as the nation’s best medical universities and hospitals. The American Health Council’s “Best in Medicine” and “Best in Nursing” awards programs honor the individuals and institutions that have contributed significantly to medicine and nursing, as well as the training and education of physicians and nurses. The most current selections for these honors may be viewed here: http://bestinmedicine.org and http://bestinnursing.org.
For Media Inquiries:
Director of Public Relations
Share this entry
- Dung Trinh, MD is Appointed to the American Health Council’s Board of Physicians December 14, 2018
- The American Health Council appoints Dr. Blake Brown, DPT to the Board of Physical Therapy December 14, 2018
- The American Health Council welcomes James Kennedye, MD, MPH, FACEP, to the Physician Board December 13, 2018
- The American Health Council welcomes Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO to the Board of Physicians December 13, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Leslie Olmstead, OT to the Occupational Therapy Board December 13, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Alessia Fornoni, MD, PhD to the Board of Physicians December 13, 2018