By Elizabeth Moore — News & Updates
The American Health Council is here to remind you that it is National Blood Donor Month!
What exactly does this mean? It means that it is time to look up your local blood drive and donate your plasma and platelets to help those in need.
According to the American Red Cross, over 21,000 people receive blood products from their donors each day.
Maintaining a stable blood supply is key to sustaining the health of well… everyone.
Other organizations like the Blood Donors of America have dedicated themselves to bringing awareness to their cause. They don’t just do blood drives, they also host bone marrow matching campaigns and health education and awareness consultations that cover a number of different health maintenance issues such as how to sustain a healthy diet, physical fitness, and how to reduce obesity.
They also offer free health screenings if you aren’t 100% sure that you are an eligible donor. Or, you can simply click on this link to see if you are eligible today:
There are many benefits to donating blood, it can save a life, provide sustenance, and best of all… there is a one snack guarantee after you provide one beautiful pint of blood.
So? What are you waiting for?!
Give blood today and if you aren’t sure where your local blood drive is being hosted, the American Health Council will provide you the links you need at the bottom of this page.
Give life, give blood, and always stay informed.
Find Your Drive Links:
About the American Health Council:
The American Health Council is the nation’s only organization with a constituency representative of all sectors of the healthcare industry. From the coasts to the heartland, the American Health Council has drawn Affiliates from major metropolitan hubs and small communities. These Affiliates span generations and have reached different stages of their careers — from recent graduates to retirees. More information about the American Health Council and its mission can be found at: http://americanhealthcouncil.org.
Additionally, the American Health Council strives to provide recognition and support for those individuals and institutions making the difference in patients’ lives day in and day out. Throughout 2017, the AHC is honoring “America’s Best Doctors and Nurses,” as well as the nation’s best medical universities and hospitals. The American Health Council’s “Best in Medicine” and “Best in Nursing” awards programs honor the individuals and institutions that have contributed significantly to medicine and nursing, as well as the training and education of physicians and nurses. The most current selections for these honors may be viewed here: http://bestinmedicine.org and http://bestinnursing.org.
For media inquriries: email@example.com
Share this entry
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Mr. Eric Cox, MPT, to the Physical Therapy Board February 13, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Mr. Adam Hait, RPh, to the Industry Board February 12, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Mariana Viera-Navarro to the Physician Board February 11, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Shayla Schneider, BS, RPh to the Industry Board February 1, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Mrs. Tiffany Cossey MCD, CCC-SLP to the Industry Board February 1, 2019
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Charlie Evans, RPT, MHA to the Physical Therapy Board February 1, 2019