At the American Health Council, we understand how important is to stay up to date on the latest healthcare news and information. At this start of the new year, everyone has started their diets, but have you choose the right one?A new study has shown that individuals who eat a Mediterraean diet which is a diet of a large amount of fruits, vegetables, olive oil, beans and cereal grains, fish, dairy, and wine, have retained more brain volume over a three-year period, than those who have not. As we age our brain starts to shrink and we start to loose brain cells which affects our learning and memory. The Mediterranean diet can be beneficial in providing long-term protection to the brain.
The study is published in the January 4, 2017, online issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology.
Like us on Facebook for the latest healthcare news: American Health Council
Follow us on Twitter: American Health Council
Share this entry
- Protected: The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Ivory Gordon onto the Industry Board October 22, 2018
- Protected: The American Health Council appoints Mr. Peter Kiongo to the Occupational Therapy Board October 22, 2018
- Protected: The American Health Council appoints Dr. Nija Walker to the Industry Board October 22, 2018
- The American Health Council Welcomes Dr. Paolo Benito Andres to the Board of Occupational Therapy October 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Dr. Robert C. Hall, DPT, MS, BS to the Physical Therapy Board October 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Ms. Kodi Pride to Occupational Therapy Board October 18, 2018