At the American Health Council, we understand how important is to stay up to date on the latest healthcare news and information. At this start of the new year, everyone has started their diets, but have you choose the right one?A new study has shown that individuals who eat a Mediterraean diet which is a diet of a large amount of fruits, vegetables, olive oil, beans and cereal grains, fish, dairy, and wine, have retained more brain volume over a three-year period, than those who have not. As we age our brain starts to shrink and we start to loose brain cells which affects our learning and memory. The Mediterranean diet can be beneficial in providing long-term protection to the brain.
The study is published in the January 4, 2017, online issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology.
Like us on Facebook for the latest healthcare news: American Health Council
Follow us on Twitter: American Health Council
Share this entry
- The American Health Council Welcomes Heng Lim, MD to its Board of Physicians January 22, 2018
- The American Health Council Physician Board Welcomes Domenico Calcaterra, MD, PhD, FACS, FCCP, FACC January 19, 2018
- The American Health Council Nursing Board Welcomes Angela Quinn, BA, MCP, MSN, NP-BC January 17, 2018
- The American Health Council Appoints Janiece Fazio, RN, BSN to Nursing Board January 17, 2018
- The AHC Promotes Cervical Health Awareness Month January 16, 2018
- The American Health Council Names Lisa Cavanaugh, PA to Physician Board January 15, 2018